Local Search Engine Optimization is Critical to the Success of Your Business
The internet is global, but I’m local. How does local search engine optimization work?
Most of WSI Milton’s clients are business owners like you that service a local area such as Oakville or the GTA, but not Vancouver, the USA or overseas.
For our clients and their local customers, positioning on the Google Places map is very important.
Why is the Google Places Map Important?
Google has placed more emphasis on local search results which means that more of the real estate on the first page of Google is dominated by the Google Places map. This means your company needs to be situated on the Google Places map so your local customers can easily find you.
But how do you get to be flag A on the map?
- A simple do it yourself process:
- Login to Google Places
- Complete as many details as possible about your business
- Verify the information by putting in the PIN code (often sent to you by postcard)
- Tie in your Search Engine Optimization(SEO) strategy:
- It matters which words you use to describe your business
- Ensure your Google Places account ties in with your SEO strategy
- Your position on the Google Places map depends on how effective your search engine optimization is
We Combine Local Search Marketing Services with Search Engine Optimization to Ensure Your Success
SEO is still relevant on its own but is best when combined with our local search marketing services.
For example, SEO is critical to ensure your products and services appear on Google for terms relevant to your products and services, for example:
- Landscaping Burlington
- Doors and Windows Oakville
However, only about 10%-20% of people use a geographic term when searching online. Google knows your computer IP address and shows local information according to your location without you typing a city name. Therefore, regardless of where you want to be found your website’s overall SEO is very important.
Your pay per click (PPC) campaign is also critical when advertising locally. To ensure that your ads and website appear to the people in your target area Google AdWords allows you to geographically target a:
- Radius around an address
To learn more about the importance of local search engine optimization attend one of WSI Milton’s free seminars or contact us today to set up a complimentary consultation.